Last year I swore I would never put on another black warp. Never say never.
This year my eyesight is better, and I did actually put on another black warp. I did it a few bites at a time, over the past few weeks, and like the proverbial elephant it got finished. I tied the new black warp onto the old black warp, behind the heddles. In this picture it looks a mess; putting a white cloth behind the tying area helped immensely.
Here it is after pulling all 880 knots through the heddles and reed. This part took all of 10 minutes!
Now it is tied onto the cloth beam (another 10 minutes) and the loom is ready for weaving. Love those lark's head knots.
It feels good checking this particular item off my to-do list. I promise more color in future posts.