It's been raining for the past several days, a very good thing. This morning, as the rain tapered off, the fog settled in for a while, which made for some interesting effects as I took my walk (I almost expected a few vampires to jump out from behind the trees). This photo looks better if you click on it to enlarge.
Back in my nice dry studio, I snapped the #10 foot onto my 25-year-old Bernina and set to work on the selvedges of the double twill project. I want all six panels to hang separately, but together; I thought it would be a good idea to reinforce the selvedges with some unobtrusive stitiching. This foot has a vertical metal barrier down the center, so you can butt two pieces against each other and stitch, with great accuracy. For a trial, I placed a piece of an old sample on the left, and a perle 3 cotton on the right, and zigzagged over them. Thken I pulled on the perle cotton cord to straighten the edge. Here is the foot:
And here's the fabric, with the stitching finished. Note the ripple.
Now here it is after pulling on the cord. All straight!
Flash!!! This just in!! Bruce has published some great pictures of our trip to The Woolery. Take a look.