Click on this one to enlarge. Fresh out of the washer & dryer, with face & reverse pictured side by side (and the annoying plain weave dividers edited out), here are the laundry results from the samples pictured in my previous post.
The linen/cotton and 8/2 unmercerized cotton sett at 24 epi and ppi worked beautifully. This fabric has a delicious hand and would be suitable for table linens and wearables alike.
Total shrinkage and take-up were a whopping 21%. The extra 10/2 mercerized selvedge threads didn't shrink at all; consequently they tended to ruffle at the edges and I will omit them next time. I think they won't be needed.
To anyone following my DDW explorations: I've added a Deflected Double Weave category to this blog, so anyone searching on the topic will be able to find all the relevant posts in one place.
I'll be coming back to DDW in the future, but that's it for now. I've got to clean up my desk and plan for the next adventure.